Installing the Operating Frequencies
- FT Roundup Home
There are two methods to install the operating frequencies for the contest when using the Windows Operating system. The first option is to install them manually. The second option is to import them from a file.
Use this procedure to install the operating frequencies manually into WSJT-X so they are available in the frequency pull-down menu on the main screen.
1. From the WSJT-X main screen, select Settings under the File menu.
3. Use the pull-down menu and scroll down to select FT8 which is the last mode listed.
4. In the Frequency (MHz) box, manually type in the frequency you want to add in MHz., such as 3.590, 7.090, 14.130, 21.130 or 28.078. When finished, click OK. To add more frequencies, repeat the procedure shown in Step 5.
5. While still on the Frequencies tab page, scroll down to make sure the frequency you just created is inserted correctly. When finished, click OK at the bottom of the page to close the Settings screen.
6. Back on the main WSJT-X screen, use the frequency pull-down menu to find the frequency or frequencies you created.
Use these instructions to save your current standard frequencies, then load contest frequencies from a file.
1a. Download the FT8 Contest Frequency file named ft8-test-freqs.qrg by clicking here and save it to your hard drive. I saved mine in my WSJT-X log directory. (NOTE: this file has not been updated with FT4 frequencies and some of the FT8 frequencies may not be correct. If you use this file, you will need to add FT4 frequencies and fix FT8 frequencies that are not correct.)
2a. Open WSJT-X if it’s not already open. Press F2 or from the File menu, select Settings.
3a. Go to the Frequencies tab screen. Save your current standard frequency list so you can go back to it after the contest by right-clicking anywhere in the list of frequencies and select “Save as …”.
5a. A window will pop up asking if you want to save only the working frequencies that are selected. To save all frequencies click No.
6a. To import the contest frequency file you downloaded in Step 1a, right-click in the frequency list and select “Load…”
7a. When the Load Working Frequencies window appears, navigate to the location where you saved the contest frequency file ft8-test-freqs.qrg. Select the file and click Open.
8a. A window will open asking to Replace Working Frequencies. Select Yes.
9a. Confirm the contest frequencies are now installed.
10a. To go back to your standard operating frequencies after the contest, right-click in the frequency list and select “Load…” Navigate to the location of the standard frequency file you exported in Step 4a and select Open. When asked if you want to replace current working frequency, select Yes.
11a. Confirm your standard frequencies are now back and showing.